About Me

My photo
I live in beautiful San Diego with my husband of 20 years and our two gorgeous, young daughters. I'm a pharmacist by profession but a writer by hobby. Honestly, I think I spend more time writing than dealing drugs (I mean dispensing medication).

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cassandra Clare's "The Mortal Instruments" Series

Well I've went and done it again.  I'm searching for another series of books to read or devour, depending on how you look at it.  I just finished Cassandra Clare's YA series "The Mortal Instruments"which consisted of three books.  In fact, I've read a total of seven books in a little over three weeks.  I really love books that transport me to a whole other world, dump me there, let me fight along side our protagonists to overcome oppression and in general themselves, to later rise up and be better for it.   Hmmm, I guess that means I appreciate books that have happy endings even if bittersweet.

Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Alec, Simon, Luke, and Magnus are some of my favorite characters that I've read in quite awhile.  I think it can be difficult to have a lot of characters and hold true to each of their own unique personalities.  I would love to see Cassandra dive more into Simon's and Alec's personalities and their  conflicts that define them in the next book that is coming out next year, but either way, I can't wait to read what Clary and Jace will be up to next Spring.

Have you read these books?  What did you think?  Do you have a suggestion for what series I should read next?

2 comments:

  1. Funny - this is the first reference to the name Jace I have ever heard except for my step-brother. Maybe I'll have to put these on my list. . .with my hour+ of drive time I'm blowing through the audio books right now. ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading the prequel book to the Mortal Instruments now and it's equally as good as the others.

    ReplyDelete