About Me

My photo
I live in beautiful San Diego with my husband of 20 years and our two gorgeous, young daughters. I'm a pharmacist by profession but a writer by hobby. Honestly, I think I spend more time writing than dealing drugs (I mean dispensing medication).

Sunday, October 17, 2010

What's The Next Twilight In Theaters?

I'll be the first to admit that I was a crazed Twilight fan.  I stood in line at midnight at Barnes and Noble waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out, and I wasn't the oldest person there either.  I was just as eager as the 13 year old girls that were waiting in line with their fathers or mothers.  My heart raced when I was finally the next person in line to buy my book.  I promptly sped home at 12:05 AM and immediately went into my office and climbed into the recliner and settled down to read until 3 AM.  I did take a short nap and got back up at 6 AM and kept on reading straight through the weekend.  By Monday morning when it was time for me to return back to work where I'm a pharmacist, I was tired but absolutely in love with Bella and Edward as a stronger more likable couple.  I still believe that Breaking Dawn was the best of the four books.

Fast forward a couple years and I'm still a Twilight fan but I'm also a Sage, Anita Blake, Meredith Gentry, The Hunger Games, and The Mortal Instruments fan.  I've come to have a relationship with other characters that have managed to weave themselves into my busy life.  Of course Sage is a part of me by now.  I am Sage, Sage is me.  I have to think most writers identify with their characters one way or another --- but maybe that is only new writers like myself.

Anyway I'm getting off the topic.  Sorry.  Back to what you think will be the next craze for book to movie adaptation.  I'm not sure that the Twilight phenomena will be duplicated but I will be one of the first people in line to see The Hunger Games movie!  If The Mortal Instruments gets made into movies - I'll be there too.

Soon there will be no more new Harry Potter and Twilight movies.  Other movie studios have tried to make that leap from the page to the silver screen but the movies didn't take as well as HP and Twilight.  I loved all of the Percy Jackson books, but the movie was so-so.  I actually liked The Vampire's Assistant movie but the books only slightly appealed to me.  Those books appealed more to my 8 year old than me.  

So I ask --- what book to movie adaptation do you think could possibly top Twilight's success?

No comments:

Post a Comment