About Me

My photo
I live in beautiful San Diego with my husband of 20 years and our two gorgeous, young daughters. I'm a pharmacist by profession but a writer by hobby. Honestly, I think I spend more time writing than dealing drugs (I mean dispensing medication).

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Excerpt from Chapter 25

(Sage just finished having a heart to heart with her mom.)


I left shortly after that.  She tried to tell me everything was all right, but I felt very uneasy.  From the moment that mark developed on the back of my neck about eight months ago, everything it represented was having a snowball effect on my life.  It just kept growing and growing, but eventually I knew that that snowball would make it to the bottom of the hill and break open.  I just wasn’t sure what was inside that snowball.  Clearly a werewolf, but was there something more?
I reflected on what she told me on my drive into town.  I knew there was power in me.  I also knew my power felt stronger when I was near my partner.  Sometimes I couldn’t feel where my power ended and his began, but most of the time we were just one. The other term used instead of “partnered” is “bonded”.  That might actually be a fairer interpretation of the cohesiveness felt between partners.  Brian’s and my power were welded together, after all.  Sometimes the power was welded side by side; one could expand and overlap the other's, while other times it was a shared power.  One power.  It wasn’t a far stretch to think that our offspring would need some of that power to survive.  The werewolves gave off the most power, so it would seem that the more werewolves a clan has, the better the clan does reproductively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment