About Me

My photo
I live in beautiful San Diego with my husband of 20 years and our two gorgeous, young daughters. I'm a pharmacist by profession but a writer by hobby. Honestly, I think I spend more time writing than dealing drugs (I mean dispensing medication).

Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Titles

Today wasn't the most eventful day in my drive to write.  I edited more on "Sage" and managed to get my word count down to 124,990 which is good.  I know how I'm going to rewrite the first three chapters to be more in line with the rest of the book.  This will cut my word count by another 4-5K and will make the beginning more exciting.  I don't want to overhaul the beginning though until I've let about 6 weeks go by since I gave the agent my query and what not.  The agent works for an agency that will not respond if they are not interested, so I need to not mess with the sample pages that I gave her until I'm sure my writing was rejected.
I've started to outline my next project which I was referring to as "Fairy High" until today.  Yes, it's a YA book about a 13- year- old girl that discovers she's actually a fairy.  I've been rethinking the name of the book.  I like the title "Blink".
The book's opening line is Zaza's mom talking to her when she's only two and telling her to not blink or she'll miss it.  What "it" is, I haven't decided yet.  I have an idea how the book starts and what the conflict in the book is.  I just haven't visualized how the book ends.  I have the closing line to the book already.  :) This is how I visualized "Sage" when I was writing it.  I would get visions or dreams of what goes on in the story and then I would write them down in my rough outline and eventually I had connected all the dots.  So my outline to "Blink" is growing and I've been taking notes on paper.
Other than that, I gave my 3-year-old a spa day.  lol!  I cut her bangs, trimmed all her nails, and painted her toenails.  She thought it was great!

4 comments:

  1. That's how I was with "Sleep", too. I knew how it started, knew how it ended. It was the journey to get there logically that was the tough part. :-)

    Eager to read "Blink" as it gets fleshed out, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's a great adventure getting to create a story. I find it extremely rewarding writing. I really don't understand why more people don't write these days. Well maybe I do. Life gets busy and we forget to use our imaginations. Such a shame having to grow up. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you writers are truly amazing. You immerse us to totally different worlds using "only" words. When you think of all of the technology we have out there with our HD/TV's and the special effects in movies like Avatar, that is a very powerful gift. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah shucks, Stacy, thank you for reading my story.

    ReplyDelete